Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #4200 (permalink)
ManWithNoName
Groupie

It wasn't just him that was wasting time; all of the Swansea ball boys were doing it so it was obviously a Swansea policy.

I think the FA and Swansea have been a bit ****ish in not acknowledging this. Yes the ref was right and Hazard should have been sent off, but the Chelsea players were pointing out how Swansea were deliberately not returning the ball quick enough to the ref long before that incident.

Perhaps because the tie was 180+ mins long he felt no need to intervene. Nevertheless, I was at a QPR match last year and QPR do exactly the same thing when they are in the lead. It's a ****, small club mentality thing to do, like how Stoke only provide towels for their players or how Chelsea move the advertising boards closer when they play Stoke.

You don't see these **** tactics at some other clubs. And also you don't see the poor player/manager reactions by some other clubs. Some clubs need to take more responsibility in my opinion. However, that being said, I think the whole thing is pretty funny: perhaps some of Hazard's best friends are ball boys and Ashley Cole can defend him like with Terry.

Last edited by ManWithNoName; 01-25-2013 at 12:16 PM.
ManWithNoName is offline   Reply With Quote