Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #5469 (permalink)
Rjinn
The Aerosol in your Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
All of the games are unrelated to each other, they just share similar game engines (with obvious upgrades). Honestly Far Cry 2 is a bit of a slog to get through because you have to constantly stop and clear out checkpoints along the road which makes getting anywhere a pain in the ass. There's also really no story to speak of and no real characters, just people doing stuff. There's some impressive technology on display and some real effort went into making an accurate depiction of Africa and I did like the mature ending as well as some of the philosophical statements and parallels made, but the gameplay is just kind of... ass.

Anyways I had to create a new Skyrim character because... I did something and deleted all my save files. Good bye Mr. Mostlymittens, Arwyn, and Arthur, and say hello to Arthena.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Far cry 2 is not worth playing. Period.
FC1 was cool, for it's time. FC2 was pretty, but so broken on many levels playing it gave me no fun, only made me more frustrated.
FC3 on the other hand ... is just brilliant.
I know that's not what you want to hear, but get fc 3. You don't have to play any of the previous parts.
Yea, all I wanted to know is if they had a connected storyline. Thanks for the advice, even though it sounds like a bummer.

Last edited by Rjinn; 01-25-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Rjinn is offline   Reply With Quote