Music Banter - View Single Post - Was Exile On Mainstreet Their White Album.....
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 01:12 AM   #27 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by neardeathexperience View Post
Well to be honest there is a collection of "country, hard rock, blues, gospel and island style" music on Exile which I think is a close equal to the Beatle's country, blues and pop offerings.
Exile on Main Street came out in '72 about 2 year after The Beatles threw in the towel, it was a more edgier brand of Rock - considering what The Beatles did. The Beatles played more of 60's style of Country, where when the Stones played more 70's style of Country, even though some of it was tongue in cheek. The Rolling Stones owned The Beatles when it came to the Blues. I don't know what you mean a close equal to The Beatles.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote