Music Banter - View Single Post - Why such controversy on Nu Metal?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #104 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post
I generalized, so what? Those are the characteristics vikings are known for. Doesn't have to mean that each and every one of them was like that, but MOST were.
Well, your generalizations are useless. Trying to discredit an entire cultures opinion with a blatantly ignorant generalization is idiotic. Besides, from the way you described Vikings I should think that their opinion on the manliness of long hair would trump your own. You having never sacked an English monastery and all.

Quote:
Most people I know don't know music further than mainstream pop and our folk music but so what? The smartest girl in our class has an IQ of 142 by European standards. Is she an idiot just because she listens to mainstream pop?
I'd certainly say that she's probably a musical idiot. Which is beside the point. It's not my fault that idiots have an unfair, prejudiced view of metalheads. So, your being pissed off at me for other people associating you with the rest of us is just childish.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote