Music Banter - View Single Post - How many more lectures will Vegangelica make?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #94 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I disagree with this analogy. No offense to you personally, but I think this perception of the mods demonstrates a lack of understanding of what we actually spend most of our time doing.

To me the mods are more like unpaid bartenders. We spend most of our time cleaning the bar (deleting spam) and serving people (updating avatars, approving threads, answering questions, etc.). Every once in a while we get a rowdy drunk in the bar who's either picking fights with people or making a mess or both. So we tell this person to knock it off. Sometimes they calm right down, sometimes they're belligerent drunks who get up in our faces. When that happens, rather than immediately throwing them out of the bar, we sometimes have a few harsh words for these belligerent ones in a final attempt to get them to back down. This is where Vegangelica comes in, not in the form of a social worker, but in the form of a busybody who just entered the room and has no idea what's going on but nevertheless decides to deliver some interminable, condescending sermon about how bartenders shouldn't be so mean to poor innocent patrons. It doesn't do anything to improve the mood in the bar, all it does is create drama. That's why it annoys the bartenders.
That is a really well thought out analogy, I am totally agreeing with it.