Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Games, Lists, Jokes and Polls
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: How many more lectures will Vegangelica make?
1 3 17.65%
6,000 1 5.88%
26 0 0%
458 1 5.88%
Twelve 0 0%
2 0 0%
43 3 17.65%
155 0 0%
1 million 4 23.53%
Too many 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #91 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETCHER. View Post
Um, I dunno who that apology is directed at.

I think maybe in future you should try and be less emotional before you engage in musicbanter, I'm not going to lie, I'm pissed off at how judgemental everyone was towards my remark, I will try to be less rude and inane with my sociopathic ways in future . How was it disheartening? I could go into the funny picture thread and find way more offensive stuff that people find funny. Just because you don't find me funny doesn't mean you can say **** like that to me, be thankful I'm not easily pissed off.
?

the apology was directed at you.

it was disheartening because you're a human and vegan is a human and humans shouldn't tell each other to kill themselves. the breach in logic (a blatant one, IMO) in what you've just written here (aside from the contradiction i posed by bolding two parts of that quote) that i also find disheartening that you seem to think because some people find you funny (regardless of your sentence "I'm pissed off at how judgemental everyone was toward my remark", you still say this) it gives you licence to say whatever you feel like saying and expect it to just slide off of any and everyone's back. and furthermore, your last sentence declares that i am not allowed to say whatever i want, while you - seemingly - are.

i am totally over being "emotional" about it (but nonetheless quite alright that i have the capacity to do so), but your statement here is no less confusing than it is disheartening. i know now not to get worked up about what you say, perhaps because you seem to think you can kick my ass, and perhaps because your words just fall out of your mouth without much thought. either way, i apologized for over-reacting. and that's where you and i part on the subject.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #92 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETCHER. View Post
Ki, if I was singling you out I would've blatantly wrote your name, your post was freshest in my head alright? I don't think you were being sarcastic at all either.
Whether or not you think my comment was sarcastic, it doesn't matter. I express my apologies, even though my remarks were meant to be taken lightly.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #93 (permalink)
Nae wains, Great Danes.
 
FETCHER.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where how means why.
Posts: 3,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zevokes View Post
?

the apology was directed at you.

it was disheartening because you're a human and vegan is a human and humans shouldn't tell each other to kill themselves. the breach in logic (a blatant one, IMO) in what you've just written here (aside from the contradiction i posed by bolding two parts of that quote) that i also find disheartening that you seem to think because some people find you funny (regardless of your sentence "I'm pissed off at how judgemental everyone was toward my remark", you still say this) it gives you licence to say whatever you feel like saying and expect it to just slide off of any and everyone's back. and furthermore, your last sentence declares that i am not allowed to say whatever i want, while you - seemingly - are.

i am totally over being "emotional" about it (but nonetheless quite alright that i have the capacity to do so), but your statement here is no less confusing than it is disheartening. i know now not to get worked up about what you say, perhaps because you seem to think you can kick my ass, and perhaps because your words just fall out of your mouth without much thought. either way, i apologized for over-reacting. and that's where you and i part on the subject.
Cool. I was going to accept it, before I read your full post.

I never once directed my kill yourself comment at vegan. It was a general statement. If you hadn't hit a blind rage then you would have realised I said I didn't care what anyone thought, vegan is such a sweet person or something along those lines. I would never blatantly tell someone on the Internet to kill themselves because I know not everyone has a thick skin like myself, I did however say if you can't take a bit of a slagging then don't use the Internet because people are nasty when they don't have to face the consequences of their actions/words. If I have a problem with someone I will approach the problem, not that I ever do have problems with members, except you. Yeah I was pissed off at how judgemental everyone was, I was bothered by your remarks to begin with which is when I first replied to you, being pissed off is a very general term, I'm sure you understand you get different degrees of anger, don't try and trip me up.

I'm never said everyone had to find me funny, if you don't like it you don't need to tell me you're going to beat the **** out of me over it, at least I was ****ing joking when your post was full of malice.

Listen, this isn't some sort of intelligence competition, I'm awfully sorry I'm not as good at writing pretentious posts as you are. Don't speak down to me as if I'm stupid, I'm certainly not.


On a side note, I've probably put bigger guys than you on their ass for less.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #94 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I disagree with this analogy. No offense to you personally, but I think this perception of the mods demonstrates a lack of understanding of what we actually spend most of our time doing.

To me the mods are more like unpaid bartenders. We spend most of our time cleaning the bar (deleting spam) and serving people (updating avatars, approving threads, answering questions, etc.). Every once in a while we get a rowdy drunk in the bar who's either picking fights with people or making a mess or both. So we tell this person to knock it off. Sometimes they calm right down, sometimes they're belligerent drunks who get up in our faces. When that happens, rather than immediately throwing them out of the bar, we sometimes have a few harsh words for these belligerent ones in a final attempt to get them to back down. This is where Vegangelica comes in, not in the form of a social worker, but in the form of a busybody who just entered the room and has no idea what's going on but nevertheless decides to deliver some interminable, condescending sermon about how bartenders shouldn't be so mean to poor innocent patrons. It doesn't do anything to improve the mood in the bar, all it does is create drama. That's why it annoys the bartenders.
That is a really well thought out analogy, I am totally agreeing with it.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #95 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,184
Default

I think the irony of this thread now is the fact that it's 10 pages long, and Vegan hasn't posted once.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #96 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,832
Default

She will, she's probably preparing it currently.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #97 (permalink)
I sleep in your hat
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Melbourne, Vic. Aus.
Posts: 1,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETCHER. View Post
I never once directed my kill yourself comment at vegan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FETCHER. View Post
I'd also like to say Erica, that this is the Internet and you need to chill out man if you can't handle a bit of a bashing off someone on the Internet then you're not ready for the real world and if it makes you suicidal then you should probably be dead anyway.
Sounds like it's directed expressly at Vegangelica?
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #98 (permalink)
Nae wains, Great Danes.
 
FETCHER.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where how means why.
Posts: 3,412
Default

Well.. I'm **** at writing we've all pointed that out. I never meant by saying "you" that that was Erica. I meant in general, as I've said maybe once or twice before.



Anyone else got any complaints? I'm going to bed soon.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #99 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETCHER. View Post
Well.. I'm **** at writing we've all pointed that out. I never meant by saying "you" that that was Erica. I meant in general, as I've said maybe once or twice before.



Anyone else got any complaints? I'm going to bed soon.
You didn't notice my apology Anyway, I apologize for the miscommunication, hopefully no hard feelings.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #100 (permalink)
Nae wains, Great Danes.
 
FETCHER.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where how means why.
Posts: 3,412
Default

It is cool, there is no hard feelings at all Ki, like I said your post was freshest in my head which is why I brought it up.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.