Music Banter - View Single Post - The great hardcore/punk countdown
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #212 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastardofYoung View Post
Ha. Well, being in Canada... I have done some studying on the Canadian Punk and Hardcore scene. There were some interesting bands for sure. Death Sentence is probably among the most under appreciated.

Only band I would say is more underrated:

I made a thread on them, got a few new listeners. But this EP ("Against the Glass) is amazing. Highly recommended if you can find a copy of it. I got on off EBAY for $40 (it is a bit of a rarity now - I have seen copies pop up on there and go for double that)
Yes I know, I don't have them rated as high on the list as say DOA, but Slow is my personal favourite Canadian punk band of all time. Consider yourself lucky enough to have a copy of the ep, it is one of the most sought after punk albums out there, the "I broke the circle" split single is even more rare, someone told me the collectors price is astronomical. I can't even find the songs for download, so if you have them, or any of their early songs "please" upload them.

They have often been dubbed the Nirvana that never was, apparently they got signed to the majors and were going to get pushed as the next big thing, but they did a strip show at Expo 86, were dropped as a consequence, and then shortly imploded afterwards.

Hey I was just able to download the Broken Circle ep off of soulseek, but if you ever get a hold of this please let me know. It has Slow's first ever recorded song, plus some Death Sentence songs I have never heard.

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/com..._vancouver_84/

Last edited by William_the_Bloody; 02-11-2013 at 11:12 PM.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote