Music Banter - View Single Post - Greatest songwriting duo ever ?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenotaph View Post
I wouldn't say so at all.
Still you ca't say they worked together the same way John & Taupin did - using them (J&T) as one example of songwriting team in the traditional sense. Lennon and McCartney didn't either, Paul would write the song and John would givehis imput and vice a versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenotaph View Post
[Reed (usually) wrote the lyrics and created the general idea and/or melody... whereas Cale developed them into something more interesting and unique. It's like... Reed came up with a pencil drawing and Cale turned it into a painting. So, I would say it's around 50/50 as far as the songwriting is concerned. [/FONT]
50/50? What about Sterling and Moe, what are they... chop liver? Lou wrote the song and the band together turun it into the final peice of artwork.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote