Music Banter - View Single Post - Vino
Thread: Vino
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

two thumbs up my friend ....i love that movie

first and most importantly

how much are you willing to spend on a bottle?

i'm much more of a beer kind of guy....but i've been in a few relationships with women who enjoy fine wine and cheese....as well as my mom whom is a bit of a wine snob....so i've picked up a few pointers in the years

as for white....believe it or not....in my opinion the best dry white wine is actually a Riesling....which is odd since the Riesling grape is most known for sweet almost desert wines....but its actually the only wine grape that can actually produce wines on both sides of the spectrum.....and when you get a dry one it is fucking amazing

if you go to a wine shop just explain to them that you want a "dry" Riesling....they tend to be a bit more....the cheapest one i have found was a 2009 French Riesling that ran about $30....but it was worth every penny....amazing wine
a pic

as for reds....in my opinion some of the best reds on the market are actually table wines (which really only means that is does not meet the European standard of a tradition blend)...and more specifically California Tables are almost all very affordable and very good....usually ending with a nice refreshing dry finish....try Menage A Trois

usually runs about $10-$15 and is very well made
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote