Music Banter - View Single Post - The Biggest Misconception About You
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
gunnels
gun whales

Location: Knoxville/Nashville, TN, USA, NA, E, S, LC, MW, Known Universe

I've been mistaken for a drug dealer/user by the police on three separate occasions. Once, I was walking around Vanderbilt's campus and was stopped by a rent-a-cop. He searched me and accused me of attempting to steal bicycles. I was then kicked off campus for being a "suspicious character." I was fourteen. I did not deserve this suspicion.
Next year, I was walking downtown towards the park, then I realized that I had to do something and turned around. Then I realized that I didn't have to do said thing and turned back around. A nearby metro cop took this as a sign that I was high (though I don't know any recreational drugs that have the side effect of pacing) and performed a sobriety test. I kinda deserved that suspicion.
The next year, I was waiting for a ride in front of a gas station. I had recently gone to a record store that bags your music in brown paper sacs, I was standing there holding it. This obviously did not look good, and after two minutes I was interrogated. I definitely deserved that suspicion.
Oh, and people ask me for drugs at shows all of the time. I think it's because I make weird faces when I'm really into the music.

Many people think I'm a guitarist too. I think it's the hair. Or the fact I live in Nashville. Or both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FETCHER. View Post
I'm awfully sorry I'm not as good at writing pretentious posts as you are.
Let's Play TF2 Sometime.|Unrepresentative Last.fm.|Puns, Pokemon, and Miscellany

Last edited by gunnels; 03-04-2013 at 08:04 PM.
gunnels is offline   Reply With Quote