Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #22402 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Had an extraordinarily musical day today. I played music for the good part of ten hours straight, only to be interrupted by walks and talking to the family.

I've been listening to harsh noise quite a bit lately and I decided to do some on my guitar and arsenal of pedals, which was pretty successful. Then I practiced some new singing techniques that are hard to explain. Imagine a screeching bird being killed with a jackhammer, and that's close to the sound that I was singing. Pretty fun and educational as well.

Then I jammed at the tunnel, as usual. Just saxophone and guitar with another bandmate and those songs came out to be very interesting. I can tell that it's going to be one of those that I listen to often from now on.

Then we returned home and switched to electric instruments, which also proved cacophonous and lovely. We ended up coming up with an Indian sounding industrial psychedelica that sounds like an incredibly odd fusion that works very well. Another one that I plan to listen to again in the near future.

I am sore, insanely sore. My body hurts from the exertion that I use to play reed instruments (hardcore freejazz ain't easy, kids), and my fingertips are tender to the touch. These trivial pains are definitely worth the fantastic music that I made today.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote