Music Banter - View Single Post - The Metallica Paradox.
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #73 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfanatic View Post
Good points all around. Like I said, I understand that most old school Metallica fans hate anything that doesn't sound like their earlier albums. And I understand the need to ridicule it. But I get irritated when another person all but puts another fan down for liking something that another can't stand. And it seemed that that was what was going on.

We cannot all have the same opinions, but we can be somewhat respectful of other's...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfanatic View Post
You've gotta be kidding. Here we're talking about a whole lot of Metallica fans who can't stand an album that other Metallica fans love. One bunch can't agree if it's a masterpiece or if it's garbage. That certainly isn't a universal metal agreeance, now is it? This proves the point...

Here we go again. But now we are picking on an album that most thrashers claim to be the last really good album by my favorite band. I once told my dad to listen to ...And Justice for All. He doesn't get this kind of music, but I told him to just listen. I told him that if he listened carefully he might see the complexities in the music. But I don't think that any of the songs on the album should be any shorter. It's like the Dark Knight; I wouldn't wish either to be any shorter, they'd lose something that would just ruin it for me. But I doubt that it would ruin it for him

I was kind of asking for it with the Black Album, I guess. Teasing a metal head that I knew didn't agree with me. But don't mess with ...And Justice!
This thread is just gonna go round and round in circles, isn't it?

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote