Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #19236 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

David Bowie - The Next Day (2013)

There were quite a few albums that came out in the last two weeks that I've been trying to catch up on, but so far David Bowie's newest addition to his vast discography is by far my favorite. The man has not lost a step, and I was listening to his Berlin trilogy yesterday while driving through California and The Next Day is just as relevant to the music of today as his past efforts. I have a feeling this is going to end up in my top 10 for 2013.

Hypocrisy - End of Disclosure (2013)

I really don't go into a melodeath album and expect to be blown away, but I do at least expect to be entertained for 40+ minutes, and that's exactly what this album does. It's not quite as heavy as their previous album and their content is a little more blunt than before. It would be nice if they eventually released an "excellent" album, but I can settle for just being entertained. Not everyone needs to reinvent the wheel from album to album, but I know how talented Peter TÃĪgtgren is and I just want to see him really push himself to do something new.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote