Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 04:08 AM   #22732 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
A fellow trainee botched a neckbreaker on me, and, in trying to keep his stupid ass from breaking his neck, I kind of caught him to help him bump properly and landed on my head in the process. I was forbidden from taking any back bumps after that, and I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I cried.

It's wrestling. There's no crying in wrestling. And I'm already a girl wrestling, trying to seem legit. But seriously. It was probably more frustration than pain. It hurt like ****, I got up and was wobbly, held up my hand to indicate I needed a moment, leaned on the turnbuckle, then, unable to continue standing a moment, I dropped to the mat.

When I was at the turnbuckle, they were all like, "Oh, ****...what's wrong?!" and I was like, "I'm cool, I just need a minute...I bumped weird. Hit my head. Goddammit, that sucked..."

Then, I took a few Ibuprofen, the headache vanished, and I realized it wasn't a concussion, just a horrific bump...so I got back in the ring - and immediately got elbowed in the face, busting my nose AND lip. I laughed it off, and then, because I laughed that off and was in tears from hitting my head, they decided that I probably REALLY shouldn't bump anymore today.

I kept saying I was good, and then they let me shoot wrestle a little, but everyone freaked out when I fell hard from doing that, and I figured that was about all they were going to allow me do today. I wanted to freak out and yell at them, that I was fine and just wanted to learn that ****ing move that I was supposed to learn today, and to work on my elbow drop...but they weren't being dicks. They were just showing concern, and it wouldn't have been fair to yell at them for that.
I am both extremely proud and a bit jealous that you are a bona fide professional wrestler. Like I've said, that has been my dream since I was a little boy. On a related note, I should be making my amateur Mixed Martial Arts debut on May 3rd if everything goes according to plan.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote