Music Banter - View Single Post - Last chance to evacuate Earth...
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
What bugs me most about it is that there was not even a smidgeon of discussion about the ethics of polluting space with nuclear radiation in order to provide ourselves a power source. All they were worried about was where would it come from and would we have enough, and could we protect ourselves from the blasts? I mean, three nuclear bombs PER SECOND? Do you have any idea what that is going to do to space? And we're just assuming there's no other life out there: there could be, and we could be endangering or even destroying it. Again, yay Mankind!
You know why they didn't care to discuss polluting space? It's because there are already so many forms of radiation in space already that it would be like a raindrop into a well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Though this would be a totally amazing premise for a TV series wouldn't it? If I had the contacts to pitch it I would; if I had the discipline to write the book I would. I'd see season one the building of the ship, the worry about who gets to go, the thing seen maybe through the eyes of those left behind versus the lucky few, maybe a family could be split up on that basis. Civil war across the Earth as the left-behinders try to wreck the plans to leave. New religions rise, one is called Fatalism and believes it is a sin to desert our planet and that God wants us all to die yada yada.

Then end of season one the ship is launched, Earth dies and for the next few seasons we're in space, facing all the challenges of a city/world in space, with people splitting into factions aboard the ship, law and order trying to be maintained (maybe one of the characters is a cop) and perhaps little wars breaking out across the ship and so on. Eventually the ship arrives and the next seasons take place on the new planet as Man tries to establish his new home.

Man, it could be huge! Where's Spielberg when you need him? Or JJ Abrams?
Nooooo, keep Abrams away from it. I'm tired of his overuse of lens flares. Other than that, it sounds like it could be a pretty good show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I would think they'd have to. We'd kind of have to take a chunk of our ecosystem with us in order to survive in the long term.
We probably wouldn't have to take all animals. We could just take their DNA and clone them.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote