Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #5629 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

[QUOTE=Thom Yorke;1303672]********This will contain spoilers for Bioshock: Infinite********

Spoiler for Spoilers for Bioshock: Infinite:
Just beat it. You up for discussing that mind ****, Sparky?

Quote:
The atmosphere in the two games was fairly comparable, but I'd give the edge to the first Bioshock mainly due to the fact that the audio logs were far better. I felt the voxophones in Infinite could have been better utilized. It just didn't feel like there was enough meat there. You'd just get small tidbits that didn't add all that much to either the story or the atmosphere. Those kinetoscopes were a nice touch though.
Yeah i agree, though i did love the kinetoscope's in infinite. My favorite being the "no thankyou, were quite alright" and he takes his city to the sky lol.

Here's my thoughts:

In terms of characterization i still prefer Andrew Ryan as the antagonist. The orson wells-inspired voicework and dialogue for Ryan was a lot more interesting, and place-able in real life. Zachary Comstock just felt slightly more hallow, and you never had the same closure with his character as you did ryan, even though you being him was a really great twist.

I wish the game hadn't been quite so linear. A couple of the sniper sections felt eerily quintessential shooter, something the first bioshock never felt like. Disliked the lack of emphasis on using vigors, you can easily shoot your way through the entire game. It's good to allow multiple play styles, but i missed some of the my old techniques, wasn't as much room to be creative. Besides bucking bronco and possession all of them boiled down to shoot x at the dudes.

Have you read any of the ending interpretations? Specifically rapture being an alternate version/dimension of columbia? Instead of the little girls you have elizabeth, instead of the big daddy you have the bird. You and comstock are alike, just like you and ryan. Instead of Atlas controlling your actions you have the two physicist twins/one person or whatever.

I'm playing through it again knowing the ending just to pick up on any tidbits i missed. It's great the game keeps track of all the audio logs so you can just pick up the ones you missed on the first playthrough.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote