Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #22792 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

A man who lived near my work, a couple blocks away, was reported missing Monday night of last week. Saturday, when I got off work, there were police, ambulances, news vehicles and what-have-you blocking the road right outside of the parking lot.

I waited about five minutes, but no one appeared to be moving, so I backed up and went back into the parking lot to check the news on my phone. There was breaking news that a body had been found, and a picture of the road right beside my work.

Had to find a convoluted alternate route home, and was really creeped out and shaken up. At work today, they said that it's believed he'd been there, in that little overflow lot that I pass every single day on the way to work, where there seem always to be random vehicles, just on the other side of his truck.

So, I'd been driving past a dead body for days, completely oblivious.

They initially suspected foul play, which freaked me out and made me really not want to walk to my car when I got off of work...like, today...when I made a group of people walk with me...but now they're saying they don't think it was murder. Possible overdose or pre-existing medical condition suspected.

That poor man and his poor family. That's awful that none of the several hundred people who work with me, myself included, even noticed for days. And he was just a few blocks from his house.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote