Music Banter - View Single Post - Jail stories?
Thread: Jail stories?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default Jail stories?

First off, let me say that I don't expect everyone who's spent time behind bars to relate their stories here. Many people will want, for various reasons, to keep such information private and that's of course their prerogative. But if anyone has any stories about having been to jail, I'd love to hear them.

I'm expecting the vast majority (if any) to come from the US side of things, as over here you can't really go to jail unless there's a longish trial, and usually only for pretty major offences, but I know (I think I know anyway) that with all the little county jails and so on over there it can sometimes happen that you might be thrown in jail to cool off after a rowdy night, or while awaiting a lawyer to get you out. I could of course be watching far too much TV.

But if anyone has spent time in poky and wants to spill on what it was like, I'll throw this thread up as the place to do it. No judgements of course, and you can tell as much or as little as you want. If you'd prefer not to say where, or why you were jailed that's cool too. I'm just wondering what it was like. I have no intention of ever spending time in jail myself, but I wonder if the stories I hear are true? Here, it's said that jail is generally more than a little cushy, that some people in winter actively seek out cell time if they're homeless etc, and also that a spell in jail can lead to recruitment into criminal gangs. So is it all like "Prison Break"?

No seriously, I would be interested in hearing stories, if anyone wants to share.
And of course you knew I was going to do this...