Music Banter - View Single Post - A small guide on how to listen to high quality music spending very little money.
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
edwardc77
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
What good is having a quality setup when you are going to use it to listen to crap music. Having a quality hi-fi rig does not make you a bigger fan of THE MUSIC. A person listening to mp3s on a PC with an affordable pair of headphones is not in anyway incapable of having a varied and refined taste in music, which is that's more important.

If you're going to tell us that people aren't capable of feeling fulfillment from music by listening to it on their iPods or smartphones then you are full of pretentious rubbish. Not to say that I'm against good sound quality, I have a decent enough hi-fi rig, some decent speakers and some decent headphones. But I'd happily listen to music on my laptop or iPod just as much as long as I'm listening to something really great.
You're right, I’m not a pure audiophile, and for me the music comes first.
Always.
However if music is a big part of your life it would make sense to invest some time and money to make your listening experience more enjoyable with better quality system. You know....if you like cars, you would enjoy a Ferrari more than a Buick, if you’re a big moviegoer than Blu Rays are important, and if you like music, well then, a good stereo should be important as well.