Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #23056 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Had to work, as per usual, and on the outbound campaign to fix the **** - still have the rest of this week and all of next week for that one.

Fortunately, the dialer slowed down enough (another technical bug that may end up getting me stuck on this campaign even longer) to allow conversation between my fellow inconvenienced and 'tenured' reps. I ended up pulling out a deck of cards, and we played an immense game of rummy, that involved a lot of standing up and walking to play a card, while still attached to a headset. The floor manager looked irritated, but we decided we'd keep playing until he expressly told us to stop - which he didn't, because technically we were staying logged in and still pausing the game to take calls, handling the calls appropriately and all of that, so there was really nothing inherently WRONG about what we were doing.

Also found out that Allison Anders, who, in a brief facebook exchange almost two years ago told me about a plan for a red scare movie based in Ashland...got that concept fleshed out and picked up for development. As a TV SHOW for AMC! Insiders are saying it's being billed to replace Mad Men, which is winding down.

Check out the official release here

And, for those scratching their heads at why this is important to me...direct your attention to my location. That's right. My little city of 22k or so is set to be an AMC series, about the red scare. Hell to the yes. And Allison Anders, you are my goddess.

EDIT: The only issue I've noticed is that they referenced Ashland as a "small mining town," when we're actually a steel producing town. The steel mill is and was (along with our oil refinery) our major source of industry. I don't know if that's creative license or no, but we don't actually have, and haven't had, coal mining here.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote