Music Banter - View Single Post - Are You Weird or Normal?
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #220 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
**** yes. I haven't owned a car in years and I have no interest in getting a new one. I've driven off the road, driven on the wrong side of the street (seriously if the terrified person in the car with me hadn't said something I may very well have driven into oncoming traffic), and god only knows how many times I barely escaped death while turning or merging without even knowing about it. I have terrible situational awareness and awful reflexes. If I drive a car it's only a matter of time before I get into a wreck. I know that my driving would get better with experience, but I'm good not developing that particular skill. I'd rather just ride the bus.
Well, the thing is, I'm an excellent, gentle driver who abides by every traffic rule. (Mainly because I don't want to die in a car. Anywhere, anytime, anything - just not in a car.) It's everyone else that terrifies me. I've never been pulled over, I don't speed, I don't weave through traffic, I don't make any rough turns or stops, etc. But I've been cut off by so many morons, and I've watched so much terrible behavior from other motorists that I just don't like driving all that much.