Music Banter - View Single Post - Sam Harris, "New Atheists", and Islamophobia
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
blankety blank
Passerby

Quote:
Originally Posted by stp View Post
I think there are kooks in every religion. Islam is probably just an easy target to polarise an audience and get some cheap publicity. As for new atheists they often seem to be just as fanatical as the religions they criticise.
I would imagine even Alla- thinks Islam is a dangerous religion, as is any fanaticism. 'There is no compulsion in religion', She said He said. As for extremism, I believe She said He said, 'Do not exceed the limits; Alla- does not love those who exceed the limits'. 'You shall not kill yourself', She said He said. And, killing even one person is as if you killed the whole human race. She said He said Mohammad said, even unto the atheists, 'act according to your state, and wait; we too are among those who wait'

And, new Atheists are just obstinate. I don't think they would strap a bomb to their chest and blow anyone up for their non-beliefs And, the reason most people convert to Islam is the fact that once you read that book, there is no turning back, because it is crystal clear communication! But, it is still second and third-hand news, so, you have to separate the wheat from the tares in that book as well. The Hadiths and Sharia are the ingredients thrown in that has caused the ruckus. Obama said Islam was a big part in the founding of this country. Yep. 'To Alla- belong the east and the west'. As in the Vatican and Istanbul (not Constantinople)
blankety blank is offline   Reply With Quote