Music Banter - View Single Post - Black Sabbath - God Is Dead? thoughts
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon123 View Post
I did say that Butler's lyrics had always been confined to a few choice themes...and on that note, what exactly do you want Ozzy to sing about? It's the metal community that has made it so Sabbath could never write another 'Sabbra Cadabra' or 'Planet Caravan'. It's become so nostalgic that Sabbath are now an archetype. If they wrote 'feel so happy since I met that girl, when we're making love its simply out of this world" they'd be panned by fans as turning queer and becoming a pop band. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. Metal fans have made it that way
I'm not complaining about the subject matter, I'm complaining about the quality of the lyrics. They rhyme "gloom" with "tomb", and if that isn't bad enough they have the temerity to then rhyme these with "doom". A third grader could write better lyrics than that. It just screams, "Yeah, I don't really give a ****, but I have bills to pay and an ex-wife breathing down my neck."
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote