Music Banter - View Single Post - Tips on how to expand your audience?
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Gavin B.
Model Worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzybaby View Post
Hey guys, my name's Adzybaby and I'm new here. Nice to meet you all

Anyway, I write music reviews as a hobby but obviously I would like my blog to have a bigger audience rather than spending hours on something that's only gonna be seen by 4 people. This should be the part where I drop the link to it in here but because I'm new I can't, haha.

But yeah, I just want to know how I can promote my reviews so as much people as possible could see it. I use Twitter and Facebook to post the link when it's published but that's it. Anything else I could do?

Thanks for your help.
If you do a decent music journal on Music Banter on the right topic, your writing will be seen by a lot more than 4 people.

When I was writing a journal on reggae music on Music Banter a couple of years ago, I began to believe that most of the hits on my journal were from outside the Music Banter community. To test the theory I went to Google and googled the names some of the artists I was featuring in my journal. I was stunned to find out that links to my journal were right near the top of many of the Goggle referrals.

Maybe it was because I was writing about more esoteric artists like U-Roy, Ina Kamoze and Mutabaruka who have less of a digital footprint on the net. I don't think somebody writing about Radiohead or White Stripes would get a high rate of referrals from Goggle, since there are already 100,001 aspiring music journalists blogging those artists.