Music Banter - View Single Post - Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire) The Fantasy Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #504 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

You could really tell last night's episode was written by George R.R. Martin, I don't mean to put down the shows writers, they do a terrific job, but there was just something about last night's episode that really struck a chord with me. It was a dialogue heavy episode, but the dialogue really did add some depth to the characters as well as conveyed relevant plot information. Sansa and Margaery discussing sex was well done and kind of reminded me of that scene from Kids where the group of girls were discussing blowjobs. Osha getting some backstory as to why she fled helped develop her character a little more,
Spoiler for Spoilers for book 5:
and can now mean she and Rickon can bow out of the story like they do in the books
. I think the real standout scene though was Robb and Talisa's bedroom scene that allowed for some gratuitous nudity for fanservice (for both genders) but also let Robb take off his crown and just be a normal guy spending time with his wife. We never really got these little snippets of his life outside of being a king, so that was a nice touch.

Here's a question for people who haven't read the books though, do you know the name of the person torturing Theon?
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote