Music Banter - View Single Post - Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire) The Fantasy Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #506 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
I was pretty absorbed when I first started reading them. I read A Game of Thrones in a week, A Clash of Kings in another week, A Storm of Swords in about 4 weeks (I was on vacation for 2 of those weeks and was busy with other stuff), A Feast For Crows in about a week, and A Dance with Dragons in about 3 weeks. So in total, about 2 months to fully read the series. I wouldn't stress trying to remember every character, just the major ones and their relationship to one and other. It gets especially hard in the 3rd and 5th book when the eastern continent opens up and you're introduced to a whole bunch of new characters with very weird names. If you ever get lost though, this website is your friend... and enemy, but you will get to see PoorOldPo's cool paintings on some of the articles.
Aww thanks Pete! I like the fact that you gave me an appropriate time frame. I'm a pretty fast reader, are you? I think because my flatmate has had so much trouble with keeping up with the characters I've been delaying reading it but I've started and it's great! Thanks I'll definitely refer to that website because I know I'll need to be guided for the first time around.