Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Tool Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #562 (permalink)
Rjinn
The Aerosol in your Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
I think I finally see why people distinguish "Tool Fans" from people who simply like Tool.
If I understand you correctly, you're saying that it's cool if you don't have the brains to understand the Cerebral parts because you can always just get down with the Visceral parts that sound good?
I think Tool fans who "get" the Cerebral parts confuse people like me who don't even like the sound of their music.
Well a lot of fans do like Tool for their sound pretty much but I meant visceral in an intuitive sense that they're not only about brains. They're highly interpretive which takes away from "finding the intellectual meanings of their songs." You can sit down and just let it take you alway.

I do appreciate both cerebral and visceral parts of Tool but to be honest after that concert I just sit and listen to them now without really much thought.

Oh and I see where Tool can attract young angsty teens with albums like Undertow, their EP Opiate, and songs like Ticks & Leaches, Eulogy, The Pot blah outrageous blah. But I don't agree that they're just marketed at teenage boys. They offer more than angst, heaviness and rebelliousness differently to others.

Honestly I did not see more than a few teens at the concert and it wasn't age restricted.

Last edited by Rjinn; 05-18-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Rjinn is offline   Reply With Quote