Music Banter - View Single Post - Slayer vs Metallica
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #253 (permalink)
Musicfanatic
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
It doesn't come down to wisdom, man...
Oh. I just thought that maybe you knew something I didn't... Thank goodness my musing was wrong.

Quote:
Hetfield can't sing worth a ****.
Agree to disagree?

Quote:
Metallica just tries to create songs that get played on the radio a lot, and some people might make exceptions for music that's intended to sell a lot of copies. I don't, and if I think something sucks, I don't give two ****s whether it was intended to sell millions of copies, or if it was intended to bomb in order to get out of contract, it ****ing sucks.
Is this when someone enjoys an album most others do not? Well, I love the Black Album, most do not. I, too, don't give a rat's patoot if it sold any copies at all, nor if the fans disparage it. And if I simply enjoyed it, I simply enjoyed it. I do care that others didn't care for it, it sucks, move on (me move on, not you, by the way) but that won't make me change my mind that I feel it's one of five masterpieces.

Quote:
Oh, and Slayer rapping/nu metal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TZnvlAfD7I
Are you yanking my chain? That doesn't sound like Nu-Metal to me. It sounds a lot like old Slayer if you asked me. But maybe I do not have that wisdom we were talking about to know when it's Nu-or-Uld-Metal...? Doesn't sound like Limp Bizkit, nor Slipknot, so... I'm not into much Nu-Metal, so I can only say that we need to agree to disagree...?

Last edited by Musicfanatic; 05-27-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Musicfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote