Music Banter - View Single Post - Music and how I got here
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #32 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
I agree with you, I can't stand that guys voice, terrible! I didn't like Offspring back in the 90's and I can't stand it now.

If I was to talk about my embarrassing band past it would definitely be Korn. I still listen to them today. I had another listen of their Issues album, played it over and over a month ago and now I'm sick of them again. Next!
Korn will definitely make an appearance on this list. I don't count Americana as a necessarily embarrassing album...just one that has influenced me. More embarrassing albums to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I'm a bit naive when it comes to punk but isn't it perfectly fine to sing off key in punk. Isn't that one of the staples?
That it is...but Dexter's voice just really grates me the wrong way. Which is funny because this is coming from a guy who loves weird sounding singers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
Speaking of AFI you've just reminded me that a certain album is already ten years old, and I might even give it a relisten and a reassessment soon.
Would that be Sing the Sorrow? I still really like that album, actually. It doesn't sound nearly as deep as when I first listened to it, but it's definitely still very entertaining. I actually still enjoy Black Sails in the Sunset and The Art of Drowning as well. It kind of ends there, however.