Music Banter - View Single Post - My Reviews
Thread: My Reviews
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Gavin B.
Model Worker

I think we should begin a completely new thread where all Music Banter members are able to post nothing but their own album reviews. Each member can anthologize his or her album reviews in the same manner that prominent music & film critics provide their collected reviews on many of their websites. The late film critic Roger Ebert posted every one of his movie reviews dating back to the early 70's on his website and it makes for fascinating reading. Rolling Stone posts every album review by every reviewer dating back to their first issue in 1967.

I've often wondered why there wasn't a thread like that in forum. It would allow forum members to browse the album reviews of their favorite Music Banter writers without digging through all of their other posts to find a specific review. Maybe I'm easily entertained, but I can spend hours browsing the reviews of good cultural critic who knows how to write about the arts.

There's a small group of Music Banter forum members who write album reviews that are as good or better than the reviews I read at NME, Rolling Stone, Pitchfork or the All Music Guide and a good anthology thread of album reviews by Music Banter regulars might even increase search engine traffic for the forum.