Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #13285 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Yeah, like I said as far as visual experiences/ sensory overloads go it's one of the better ones, I mean if you sat through any of Michael Bay's Transformer movies then I think you should go see this as an act of penance, but in terms of it being an engaging, intelligent, and thought provoking movie, it falls short.

The more I think about it, the more I kind of hope Warner Bros. decides against doing a Justice League movie just because everyone thinks they should to compete against Marvel and The Avengers. Their track record at this point for characters other than Batman are pretty abysmal and unless they get their own Joss Whedon i.e. someone with a profound understand and love for the genre, I can't help but think whatever they cobble together will just be a collection of ticked boxes with no heart or soul.

Honestly I have a feeling the Superhero movie domination is going to peak soon, most likely with how people react to Guardians of the Galaxy, but if Warner Bros. makes a Justice League movie just because and it tanks, I could easily see the genre crashing.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote