Music Banter - View Single Post - Is music streaming "enough"?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 03:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I've found I've been enjoying music a lot more since I got Spotify premium...even when traveling. I actually spend time the day before I have to leave somewhere deciding what albums I might want to listen to on the the trip. It actually makes my listening experience during that trip so much better. With my entire collection with me, I feel like I have so many options it's hard to figure out what I'm in the mood for. Having a limited selection helps me think about what I picked and I actually get excited to listen to them.
I do this all the time. I select the albums I want to listen to the night before, and then play them at college.

I was going to consider getting more memory for my phone, as I can maybe download around 6 or 7 playlists at a time, but this actually just forces me to listen to what I selected, even if in the meantime I went off the idea.

I like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Yes, this is a foolish question. Materialism isn't a gauge of liking things. Couldn't you say that you loved Salvador Dali's or Picasso's work without ever owning a piece? Can you say that you love Thai food if you don't know how to cook it yourself? Can you love a book if you rented it from a library?
I agree with you but I think what makes that particular point a debate, is it OK to call yourself a fan of music and not buy any of it? There are artists I would say I was a fan of and yet I don't own any of their music. However, for me personally, theres a line. If I continue to get into that artist, and find myself liking their music and more, loving their music, adoring that band, I have to buy physical copies rather than continue to keep listening to the ones I stole.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote