Music Banter - View Single Post - Pink Floyd may become available on Spotify
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #21 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
It's on facebook actually. Every week, one of us chooses the Album of the Week and then we discuss that album in the FB group. Whose week it is goes according to a regular rotation and we got a google calendar set up that we can keep an eye on. We also have a blog set up but that's really only so that we can look at what albums we've done before. All the discussion etc. takes place on fb.

It's pretty much what I've done here only it's more successful and what's nice about this is I know all the people in the group in RL. That means that every week, I get to know my friends a little better.

When we do meet up in real life, we often chit chat about the albums and there's always the possibility of having a club meeting or party if we want.
I would love to do this, but have always felt that I was a bit alone when it comes to my music tastes (at least since after college) as far as my circle of friends goes. That's why I spend so much time on music forums such as this. There's one friend locally that would probably dig this, but he's a freelance writer and video game addict so I don't know that he'd stick on any kind of schedule. But then that's just one, then who? I suppose I could think of friends from my previous locale also, that I'm still in touch with. But again, I'm really the only person as obsessed with music as I am.