Music Banter - View Single Post - Madonna VS Lady GaGa
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #53 (permalink)
Sansa Stark
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I agree with the bolded part but I just don't agree with forcing her to publicly date women. It's like saying that being supportive and caring about LBGTQ rights isn't enough and she has to do more but you are right it's your decision to claim if you feel she's worthy of being a gay icon or not.
She's not my gay icon, I'm a tranny prostitute remember lmao. I agree she shouldn't have to, but she's the one who claims to care about LGBTQ+ rights so much so she should be aware of the issues of biphobia/pansexualphobia in our community, because we have no real visibility in the media because everyone likes to think we are either just really gay or lying for attention. It's a huge problem for us and it is erasing of our sexual orientations and gender identities to try to define our sexualities for anyone but ourselves. I don't actually care about what she wants to define her sexuality as but we are not playthings and objects for this kinda thing. We don't need that in the community. As long as she respects that, I don't care if she calls herself a Unicorn Princess. If she cannot respect the community of gender and sexual minorities then she is not a gay icon at all, but an oppressor.
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote