Music Banter - View Single Post - Madonna VS Lady GaGa
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #61 (permalink)
Sansa Stark
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyVegn View Post
What It Feels Like for a Girl and Don't Tell Me are cool too...
I think both of these artists do publicity stunts that appeal to a target market. LBTQ who feel largely misunderstood suddenly feel understood by one of the biggest names in the world; Madonna. There is some quick cash...
Both are equally terrible role models for girls but who says they must be role models? That's not what they are supposed to be about.
Oh I totally agree since Madonna also can be problematic

But should I not care about Lady Gaga's ****ery since I'm not a girl?

I don't see either as role models quite but Lady Gaga is usually the one purporting herself to care so much about the gay community:
Quote:
“They say that this country is free, and they say that this country is equal, but it is not equal if it’s ‘sometimes’...We need change now. We demand actions now.”
Sorry, equality is a great idea but she's asking for assimilation, that is not equality. I am not going to change my identity for other people, to make them feel comfortable about my queerness. That's not my problem and my queerness hurts no one.

But we as human beings are free to choose our own role models, but I think that if you are just treating them as untouchable saints rather than human beings who are incapable of problematic words, actions, and behaviours then you are probably morally bankrupt or just pathetic, cowardly, and desperate for your own identity that you attach yourself to people you KNOW to be wrong.

Last edited by Sansa Stark; 06-23-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote