Music Banter - View Single Post - Madonna VS Lady GaGa
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #62 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
No, you can't really pick and choose who you advocate for, at all, especially when trans* visibility is at an all time low. There are other parts of LGBTQ+ and she should be helping the more **** upon part of it. I mean seriously do you have any idea how often trans* people are murdered or raped or left homeless, bullied in school? Wouldn't you say that's a more pressing issue rather than just marriage? This is actual lives at stake here. You can't pick and choose the easier route if you want to say you're doing so much for the community,which she does, often and loudly.

Honestly I don't care if you disagree with me but Murder statistics of transgender people

Look for yourself. If 1 in 6 women will be raped or sexually assaulted in their lifetimes, how many of those will be trans women? It's a big ****ing deal. Opinions are fine, ya know, but this is a fact here so I have to stick by my opinion
I'm not trying to belittle how important of an issue the murder rate amongst trans are. I just don't think it's fine to tell someone else what issues they should choose to advocate and shine a light on. It would be very helpful if she did choose to bring this issue up more often though since she has such a large platform/audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyVegn View Post
Both are equally terrible role models for girls but who says they must be role models? That's not what they are supposed to be about.
They didn't sign up to be role models but that doesn't mean that their fanbase won't look up to them because they will no matter if it was their intention or not.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote