Music Banter - View Single Post - Gavin B.'s Warehouse of Songs
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #48 (permalink)
Gavin B.
Model Worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen13 View Post
I remember me and a friend digging the Screaming Blue Messiahs way back when. The review brought back a lot of memories!
I saw the Screaming Blue Messiahs at a Boston club called Spit, early in 1987 with the Pixies as the opening act. At the time the Pixies were blowing every band off the stage with the intensity of their playing. Not so with the Screaming Blue Messiahs. At the time the Screaming Blue Messiahs had been on the road, playing nightly gigs for about a year and half, non-stop. Aside from the Ramones, they were the loudest band I've heard and they left the audience in the state of exhaustion and ecstasy, after playing three encores.

My ears were ringing for three days and after that I started wearing earplugs to live shows to protect my ears against tinnitus. An old friend who used to laugh at me for using earplugs at live shows is now deaf as a stone, but my hearing is still as sharp and as crystal clear as it was in my twenties.