Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 03:08 AM   #760 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Rick Perry represents Texas while he is in office and Texas has way more disturbing habits besides him. I vaguely recall them wanting to get rid of school textbooks dealing with some issue. If I was at home, I would have provided a more detailed account of that issue.
I think that's unfair to the people of Texas, honestly. You're assuming that every Perry perspective is therefore the perspective of the state as a whole.
Bobby Jindal represents my state, and I can hardly name a single point I agree with him on, and I didn't even vote him in to office. He represents a state only insofar as he secured a vote from enough people, and we all know how marketing works in politics. It has very little to do with the soul of the voters when they make it into office, least of all the soul of the entire state.

I just think if you're going to generalize, at least tone down the generalization to the person, and not some arbitrary assumption that everyone supports his every endeavor.
Like I said. Texas isn't Perry, and Perry isn't Texas. Just like Louisiana isn't Jindal, and Jindal is most certainly not Louisiana. Even our conservatives hate Jindal. You gotta dig deeper than the shallow grave you're trying to bury an entire state in, bro.