Music Banter - View Single Post - Punk Rock is Bullsh*t (article/essay)
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 01:18 AM   #43 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
Tell me this is not punk. I dare ya.

NEw YoRk DolLs - TrAsH - YouTube
And hows that any different to what the Rolling Stones were doing in 1968?
And like I said you can post as many youtube videos as you like, it changes nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
That is such an absurd claim to make. Their are SO many debatable example of albums before that, that are considered punk albums by many. According to you literately every album before some arbitrary date in 76 was Protopunk or just something else?

Punk Rock: rock music with deliberately offensive lyrics expressing anger and social alienation; in part a reaction against progressive rock.

I mean just take one album which was huge Raw power. The title track alone couldnt sound much more like a straight punk track.
Again you're falling into the trap of finding something that sounds like punk and saying 'Hey, Look it's punk' from a time when it didn't exist. If it wasn't for what happened in London you wouldn't even be calling it punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
Regardless of where punk rock originated, it was launched via New York City.
You mean those bands that had been around since the early 70s that did nothing other than play in one club that flocked over to the UK in 1976 as soon as the Sex Pistols became popular?

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote