Music Banter - View Single Post - Punk Rock is Bullsh*t (article/essay)
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 02:23 AM   #58 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
Forget it, Rez. I've run into so many of these "We-Brits-Invented-Every-Music-Under-the-Sun" types online, I don't know where they all come from. Nobody in I met in England said that s-hit to my face. But I've run into Brits online who think they invented blues, who think they invented ragtime, who think they invented funk and soul, and one who said he hated bop jazz and preferred "good old UK trad jazz." So I guess they invented early jazz as well. We Americans stole it from them and called it Dixieland to hide its oh-so-obvious British origins.

Here's what Wiki said about the Dolls: "The New York Dolls is an American hard rock band formed in New York City in 1971. Along with the Velvet Underground and the Stooges, they were one of the first bands in the early punk rock scene.[2]" But they would be wrong, of course, because the Dolls didn't play anything that the Stones weren't playing in '68. I have that on good authority, you see.
An absurd amount of influential bands in many genres have come from Britain. More than any other place including America.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote