Music Banter - View Single Post - Punk Rock is Bullsh*t (article/essay)
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 03:06 AM   #60 (permalink)
Nurse Duckett
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
Forget it, Rez. I've run into so many of these "We-Brits-Invented-Every-Music-Under-the-Sun" types online, I don't know where they all come from. Nobody in I met in England said that s-hit to my face. But I've run into Brits online who think they invented blues, who think they invented ragtime, who think they invented funk and soul, and one who said he hated bop jazz and preferred "good old UK trad jazz." So I guess they invented early jazz as well. We Americans stole it from them and called it Dixieland to hide its oh-so-obvious British origins.

We have a wind-up culture in Britain, we cant help it, we love to spot the weakness and push buttons and see who bites. Its a crude form of irony.

I get the feeling the Brits you've met online have seen you coming, they pushed all the right buttons and they've done such a good job you're still wound up years later. We're very very clever aren't we? I'm surprised we haven't invented even more than we have, we probably invented just about everything but people from other countries took the credit and we're far too modest to make a fuss about it. Thinking about it that's probably why we're called Great Britain instead of just Britain, because we're great.

Try and bear it in mind in future Lord Larehip, always remember the wind-up is as British as apple pie.

Have a nice day.
Nurse Duckett is offline   Reply With Quote