Music Banter - View Single Post - Rape - Whose Fault Is It?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #100 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
The whole question is, of course, insane. There is no justification, mitigating factor or excuse for rape. Any that are put up are simply an indication of either overt or hidden misogyny. This crap about "Oh she was dressed like a slut so what did she expect" is simply that: crap. Nobody deserves to be attacked, raped, violated and after all if there were no rapists in the world there would be no rape. It's a sick crime and one of the most far-ranging, as a woman's life can be forever destroyed because one man (I use the term loosely) can't keep it in his pants or go jack off like anyone else. What the hell does anyone think gives them the right to force themselves on another, unwilling partner?

I'll tell you one thing: old testament as it may be, if they instigated castration as a default punishment for rape there'd be a lot less of it. We men love our dicks as we can only love ourselves.
The only argument I'd make it FOR being the 'victims' fault would be in SOME cases of statutory rape AND if ya wanna get technical, a person has to actually consent (if i am believing correctly, please correct me if i am mistaken). So by technical terms, if two people go home from the bar together and get it on, by the woman doesnt explicitly say that she wants sex, i think that's rape (absurd for the most part, i know). as fr alcohol in general, if you are sober enough to remember it happening then i think you were sober enough to say no. i also dont buy the "too scared to say no' argument.

i think we all hear the word rape and picture a guy dragging a girl into an alley or something brutal but i think by legal terms it encompasses much more
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote