Music Banter - View Single Post - Recent Metal Purchases
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #233 (permalink)
Musicfanatic
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
Yeah, baby! Throw "Spectres" on there too. "The Golden Age of Leather" rocks!
I have that one on LP I am trying to collect them all on CD, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You know, I only vaguely remember your taste in music, but I am quite clearly flabbergasted that you dig Angel Witch. And Venom. And Armored Saint. Kick ass.
Is that a bad thing...?

I've liked Venom for a few years now, back when I picked up a used copy of Black Metal. Angel Witch? I don't know their music all that much yet, but I do enjoy listening to music that I haven't heard before. And so far they ain't bad. I was listening to my mp3 player through an old receiver the other day while I was taking a nap and after each listen I tend to go back through them to see which ones I didn't recognize and was surprised to see that one of them was Angel Witch. I must have thought it was a different band altogether, whether that is good or bad, I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Five star taste here
Thanks. I try...

Just yesterday I got Megadeth Rust in Peace Remixed and Remastered. Listening to it right now. Today I got Anvil Best of, which consists of rerecorded material, which I was peeved about for a few seconds, but what the helk, right? Also got Death's Leprosy, and Celtic Frost's Morbid Tales... I thought that Celtic Frost was going to sound like Bathory but it sounded much more like Venom, to which I was pleasantly surprised. I'd only heard both through Youtube, and thought that Bathory sounded nothing like Venom, so I guess it's somewhat different black metal...? Either way, I liked Celtic Frost from what I heard online, so a friend bought it for me today.

By the way, how do you pronounce Celtic Frost? I always hear it pronounced with an "S" sound but I always pronounce it with a "K" sound, as in "Keltic" Frost, instead of like that sports team the "Seltics", or "Seltic" Frost. If you get my meaning. It sounds much more foreign if you use the name with a K instead of an S... I think so, at least.
Musicfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote