Music Banter - View Single Post - Recent Metal Purchases
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 06:17 AM   #235 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfanatic View Post
Just yesterday I got Megadeth Rust in Peace Remixed and Remastered. Listening to it right now. Today I got Anvil Best of, which consists of rerecorded material, which I was peeved about for a few seconds, but what the helk, right? Also got Death's Leprosy, and Celtic Frost's Morbid Tales... I thought that Celtic Frost was going to sound like Bathory but it sounded much more like Venom, to which I was pleasantly surprised. I'd only heard both through Youtube, and thought that Bathory sounded nothing like Venom, so I guess it's somewhat different black metal...? Either way, I liked Celtic Frost from what I heard online, so a friend bought it for me today.

By the way, how do you pronounce Celtic Frost? I always hear it pronounced with an "S" sound but I always pronounce it with a "K" sound, as in "Keltic" Frost, instead of like that sports team the "Seltics", or "Seltic" Frost. If you get my meaning. It sounds much more foreign if you use the name with a K instead of an S... I think so, at least.
Rust in Peace is one of the pivotal thrash and metal albums around, so it's essential in every way. The only two Anvil albums worth bothering with of Metal on Metal and Forged on Fire both classics, the rest of the discography is quite average in general. All of Death's discography is great, in fact one of the most consistent and best discographies around amongst extreme metal bands. As for Celtic Frost, this band is one of the best metal bands ever! They're pronounced with a "K". Celtic is normally pronounced like so, unless we're talking about the Scottish football team and that would be with an "S". Not sure how the basketball team Boston Celtics are pronounced though. Also Celtic Frost are far better than Venom could ever hope to be
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote