Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #5817 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
It basically should appeal to three types of people. 1)Those that have never played the games before. 2) Hardcore fans that want to have everything or 3) People like me That know and love the series very well but have not quite played all the games and also want to play them again. I bought the set because I wanted to play Sons of Liberty, Snake Eater and Guns of the Patriots again and the first two I haven't played in years, so the chance to play them again in HD was the appeal. Also I've never played Peacewalker so that was another reason. I'm not sure as of yet if Metal Gear Solid is on there (I think it is but not sure what version) but it does have the very old MXS MGS1 and MGS2 games on there in their original form. Plus there are the two digital comics which interest me and a thick booklet of covers.

If you already have the games and remember them pretty well then it's not worth it unless you're a completist. I largely bought them because I also had bought about a week earlier the first three Splinter Cell games in HD, so I was in the mood to buy.

Like you I'm waiting for 5 and by the time I've worked my way through all these I should be ready for it.
Ah yeah... I'll pass. I did buy the HD collection for HD versions of Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater... don't regret it one bit. They look really damn good in HD. I'm amazed how well Sons of Liberty holds up even today... a LOT of work went into that game. I'm currently trying to make my way through it on European Extreme. It's tough. Peace Walker is addictive but I'm not sure I liked the anime/comic style cutscenes. Unlike a lot of people, I love Hideo's long-windedness.