Music Banter - View Single Post - Recent Metal Purchases
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #236 (permalink)
Musicfanatic
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Rust in Peace is one of the pivotal thrash and metal albums around, so it's essential in every way.
Master of Puppets being the other...? Of course it's Kill 'Em All for me, but back on topic. I've had the original album on CD for so many years I cannot count, but I don't find myself getting into Megadeth all that often...

Quote:
The only two Anvil albums worth bothering with of Metal on Metal and Forged on Fire both classics, the rest of the discography is quite average in general.
You aren't into Strength of Steel? It's a bit hair metally, ain't it?

Quote:
All of Death's discography is great, in fact one of the most consistent and best discographies around amongst extreme metal bands.
I don't believe I've ever heard their music. I'm thinking the only related death metal that I don't own (Cannibal Corpse being one that I do own) that I listened to on Youtube was Obituary's 1st, but listening to Death I think I can say I like Death better...so far.

Quote:
As for Celtic Frost, this band is one of the best metal bands ever! They're pronounced with a "K". Celtic is normally pronounced like so, unless we're talking about the Scottish football team and that would be with an "S". Not sure how the basketball team Boston Celtics are pronounced though.
I flippin' thought so! Saying "Seltic Frost" just doesn't sound right.

Quote:
Also Celtic Frost are far better than Venom could ever hope to be
I don't know, I do love Venom! I'll have to get back to you on this...
Musicfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote