Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds From the Outernational Hi-Fi
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gavin B.
Model Worker

Europop from Barcelona

Mister Furia and Professor Manso of the Pinker Tones

The Pinker Tones were founded in 2002 by a strange pair of musicians from Barcelona Spain who call themselves Mister Furia and Professor Manso. Apparently, they never appear in public without their sunglasses.

The Pinker Tones play a wildly diverse selection of Europop, break beat, bossa nova, psychedelic, swing and lounge music. They have a sort of Devoesque sense of humor about the music they play.

In “Pinkerland,” a tiny rooftop studio in the center of Barcelona, the Pinker Tones put together their first album, 'The Pink Connection', which was released in 2003. They've released eight albums in the past decade and remixed albums of several of their favorites artists including Astrud Gilberto and Italian soundtrack composer Alessandro Alessandroni.

Pinker Tones in concert

The embedded song Happy Everywhere from their 2008 album, Wild Animals really caught my ear and raised my curiosity about the Pinker Tones. The video for Happy Everywhere is one of my favorites.

Last edited by Gavin B.; 07-20-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Gavin B. is offline   Reply With Quote