Music Banter - View Single Post - Boston Bomber On The Rolling Stone Cover
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #35 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
I knew that statement would be challenged while I was typing it, but I don't actually think it is all that popular here in the states. Or is it? I wouldn't know much about that one.
I think my statement was a bit more esoteric than this. The kind of audio terrorism that's going on here is extremely popular in the states.

Anyway, as to the bomber dude on the cover of RS, I can see where people are coming from in terms of how it might be interpreted as glorification to the impressionable. At the same time, however, RS has traditionally always had a political involvement in their mag. But part of me wonders what's so political about this particular case that brought them to the decision to put him on the cover.
I wondered that until I actually read what they wrote on it.

"How a popular, promising student was failed by his family, fell into radical Islam, and became a monster".

As though this "angel" wasn't accountable for his actions and we can shift the blame onto something else since it's his family that f*cked him up. Score one for the impressionable kids.
Again, I didn't read the article so take what I say at face value. It's just my first impression.