Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 01:02 AM   #12633 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

zimmerman didnt just run up and shoot him for being black. the race of trayvon is irrelevant. if he was white and would have attacked zimm i think he woulda been shot too. it was his actions that caused his death, not his race

i dont like ted nugent and dont usually agree with him but i do like that he stands by what he says. i do see the points he is trying to make which are probably more extreme but similar to mine. i think ted and myself both believe that in the large scheme of things, urban black culture does nothing but perpetuate the same stereotypes they claim to hate and blame whites for. in my opinion the urban black culture is a prison type of culture and i can go into that further if anyone actually cares lol

and im not saying its completely wrong to feel sympathetic or want to help (again im talking about urban area blacks in general) but the people you are helping need to help themselves as well. and i do know many people are trying while probably just as many arent because its too easy to blame someone else then have all these hipsters come out with their white guilt complexes and validate the people assigning blame. thats why i hate hipster fools.

and the reason i made the distinction of urban black culture (and again yes im generalizing) is because im not racist and im pointing out a certain demographic here. i dont have a problem with all blacks, asians, hispanics, etc. i know plenty of minorities and dont have a problem with their race whatsoever.....its the culture of these inner city people (it goes for whites as well but they seem to be a minority and not really what we are talking about).

i UNDERSTAND why the negative black culture exists (again, prison related, crime and povery related, bad role models, etc) and that SOME of that can be attributed to white oppression throughout history. But at some point when its broken down into personal experience you do need to assign blame where it's due ----with the individual themselves.

we can sit here and talk about oppression and white privilidge, but what happens when i go to the inner city at night and get harassed or mugged? am i supposed to sit back and say "hmmmm well yea i just got robbed or punched in the face or whatever, BUT ya know whites have put blacks in a difficult position so i cant really blame the person who did it." its a parallel to an example of workng with some of the kids ive worked with. one was 15 and a sex offender. he was molested by his mother at a young age then he molested his brother. can society blame him for his actions? i certainly feel sympathetic towards him because of his upbringing. am I going to let him develop a victim mindset for the rest of his life and feel sorry for himself? would i rather instill a sense of meaningful value and help him move on and be succesful?? what if someone did that when he was 25 instead of 15? would anyone have that same sympathy? NO.

wow i dont know where i was goin with that last part but somewhere in there is a parallel and an example of big picture vs individual actions. i want to help needy people but i want them to want to help THEMSELVES before anything and not roll over and claim victimization every chance they get because again, that isnt healthy or productive.
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote