Music Banter - View Single Post - Marte Deborah Dalelv Rape Incident
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #117 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
Of course what Tore was doing is racist. Morals and values are byproducts of culture, never independent. To call another society backward, to demand ones own government take action against it, all the while referencing ethnocentric concepts such as misogyny and democracy - that's racist. It reeks of the same idiotic propaganda and moralizing that preceded the colonizing of the Third World, the primary difference being that instead of doing it for Christ we're doing it for minority rights.

Get it John?
HHBH, clearly you have no idea what racism even means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriam Webster
Definition of RACISM

a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
What, then, is meant by race?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriam Webster
Definition of RACE

a : an actually or potentially interbreeding group within a species; also : a taxonomic category (as a subspecies) representing such a group
b : breed
c : a category of humankind that shares certain distinctive physical traits
I have never suggested that sharia laws or anything I've really criticized in this thread has anything to do with race. I don't think it has anything to do with race. Eugenics never entered into it. As a biologist, I am generally aware of when I think something is a property of biology or not and it is perfectly possible to criticize culture without criticizing biology. Why would you even think otherwise?

If anyone's being racist here, it is you, ironically. Because if you suggest that criticizing misogynist values is racist, then you claim that the biology of a particular race makes them more misogynist. Do you see the irony here?

Last edited by Guybrush; 07-31-2013 at 10:47 AM.